Thursday, July 8, 2010

#42 - Update My Passport

{ google image }

Challenge #42 - Done and Done! I cant believe how expensive it is to update and change my name on my passport (the price schedule goes up next week). My passport expires in 2013, but since my last name changed and since I plan to leave the country in a few months, it had to be done. The processing fee, including the expedite service, priority mail, delivery confirmation totaled $150.60. Yikes! I also bought 10 international stamps for $10.00. And they said that snail mail will be outdated since email arrived? Um, I think not!!!! 

The turn around time for passport processing ranges from 5 days to 2 weeks depending on the international flight date. I hope I get it sooner. 

It's just so exciting. My passport had been void of stamp since 1991 when I traveled to the Philippines - and that passport is long gone! But soon, my new one will have a Ukraine stamp in there. Exciting!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment