Friday, July 23, 2010

#5 - Blue Plastic

Challenge 5: Complete a 365 day photo challenge
Picture 27 - Blue Plastic
(Pic 27/365)

 
 

I love playgrounds. They bring back fond memories of my excellent childhood. Even up to our high school years, we still went and played while parents gave us the evil eye. We'd invent games and run around like maniacs all in innocent fun.

Anyway, I didn't really take many pictures today because it poured. There's good news though - I found a dollar bill at the playground and gave it to my husband because he was such a good sport for going out with me. :-)


Also cooked some pies today. I just love the way it makes the house smell sweet when it bakes. Divine.

Unfortunately, the website doesn't sell the pie cutouts I used above.
My set is the Harvest Fall Set which is probably discontinued
but I went ahead and linked a similar set above. 
Picture 01: Pie being cooked. The crust still raw.
Picture 02: Cooked, bubbling Cherry Pie. Delish!

Once again it's discontinued, but they have the star mold available
through the website. It's fun to use and I enjoyed making these
little darling pies. The heart pies made were of raspberry filling. 
Very yum!


Was pretty excited when I saw these Star Wars Cookie Cutters.
Good thing there's no William Sonoma store nearby because I'd
spend so much money there. I heart it very much. 


{ Julie's Birthday Gift }
I believe that presentation is everything. A simple gift can 
be made extravagant and special once it's wrapped beautifully. 
For this gift, I crocheted two flowers and then sewed the smaller 
flower to the bigger one. I then added a pearl center. Some people
use buttons. Here's a video link on how to crochet a five petal flower. 
My version is slightly different (easier) but it's all the same in the end. 
Happy gift wrapping!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment