Thursday, July 8, 2010

#5 - America the Beautiful

Challenge 5: Complete a 365 day photo challenge
Picture 12 - America the Beautiful
(Pic 12/365)
Andrey, Auntie Mel, and I went to the art district side of the cities for picture 12/365. At the Riverfront Park there were two ladies dressed in their native Burqa clothing - nothing except the hands, face and feet are visible to others. One of the ladies was gracious enough to let us take her photo.

In my mind I kept thinking, how could this woman look and act as if she's as free as a bird when she's all covered up? I on the other hand, feel suppressed.

Her pink outift popped and because she was covered up, you cant help but notice how absolutely beautiful she is. Flawless beauty without makeup which I envied immensely.

I love America with its many cultures to learn from.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. You take some really amazing pictures!! I think you see things that others don't until you point them out. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney, you're so sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete