Sunday, July 4, 2010

#5 - The Grunge Life

Challenge 5: Complete a 365 day photo challenge
Picture 07 - The Grunge Life
(Pic 7/365)

Yesterday's photos. Got home late last night from the movie theatre. Read previous blog.

What I love about "old downtowns" are the beat up buildings. They're so grungy, artsy, and full of unheard stories from the past.  The picture of Dre above is located at the back of an old paper manufacturing plant by the Mississippi. The rusty metal doors, chipping paint, broken concrete, and signs of age are priceless. I love history and all it entails. I also love browsing through history books just to look at the black and white photos. Makes me wish I could visit the way it was then - the industry, the fashion, the way people walked, talked, and behaved. Everything about it fascinates me.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment