Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Precious Life

A friend, Karen B., from my church was diagnosed with brain cancer. A biopsy was performed yesterday and it came out malignant. The pastor sent a mass email describing that four tumors were found in her brain and the family is still deciding if they are going to push for treatment or not. Upon the Pastor's visit yesterday, Karen was sat up in her hospital bed, her head all wrapped up, while having a big smile across her face. What a wonderful, positive, person she is. I on the other hand, am terrified to even visit her. I don't know what to say in such situations and I'm afraid that I'll just burst into tears like I did this morning while I read Pastor's email in the privacy of my own office. It just dawned on me that I can't handle it - that Karen is handling it better than I am. I just cried, and cried, and cried and prayed like crazy for a miracle while thinking about her three daughters who are my age.

Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Elle, what awful news. I'm so sorry for your distress. Some times God's biggest miracle is giving us the strength wqe need to get through these things. I will keep you and your friend in my prayers. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete