Wednesday, August 4, 2010

#5 - Colette

Challenge 5: Complete a 365 day photo challenge
Picture 38 - Colette
(Pic 38/365) - (Yesterday's photos)


A week ago Dre told me that his relatives in Miami can no longer take care of their dog, Colette (little Havanese cutie). We met the cute pup earlier this year when we went to Florida on holiday. Even then, I already loved her. She was this loving, adorable, energetic, sweet girl full of personality, made more beautiful by the pony tail gathered on top of her head. Absolute darling.

Dre and I had a talk and decided that we could use more excitement to add to our already exciting lives (What's one more?). He telephoned Jody & Susan back and then one thing lead to another - until yesterday at the airport. I've been anticipating Colette's arrival for a week and couldn't wait to see her again.

Her flight landed 20 minutes later, but still no Colette. I decided to go to the baggage claim department but no one was there... then the back door opened and out came this lady carrying a pet crate. I took one look and yelled, "COLETTE!!!" She barked immediately as I knelt to peek inside the kennel. As soon as she got out of the cage she jumped and gave me kisses all over. Just melts my heart... I nearly cried. She remembered me instantly. I'm such a sap. Dre came following when he heard the barking.

Anyway, it's going to take a few weeks for the kids to coexist. They're still trying to get to know each other but eventually, they'll be BFFs. It's going to be an interesting household. :-)

{ Dre, Elle, Jean-the-Cat, Pretzel-Moose, Colette }



>> So tired. I'll post today's photo shoot tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment