Sunday, August 8, 2010

#5 - Light Piano & Romance

Challenge 5: Complete a 365 day photo challenge
Picture 42 - Light Piano & Romance
(Pic 42/365)


{ Chopin : Ballade #2 in F Major }

Simple photography makes me happy - so does smooth piano and champagne. There's something romantic about it all that makes me want to sit back and smoke a cigarette (and I'm a non-smoker). 

Chopin's Ballade #2 starts off with a sweet, soft melody - sotto voce - literally "under the voice", or "quietly"  (I prefer the first part to be a little slower than what was portrayed on the youtube video). The second part is bold, fierce, fiery - Presto con fuoco – literally “very fast with fire.” This piece is packed with emotion that I absolutely adore. One of the finest Chopin Ballades.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment