Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday's Lists: Fads I Wish Would Last Forever


Visit my Lists at: http://listography.com/ella

I just finished watching the first four seasons of Mad Men, and I'm completely obsessed. The 1960's history that accompanies the show amazes me: the corporate life, the advertising, the references to businesses (Lucky Strike, American Airlines, Pepsi, Tampax, Hilton Hotels, Ponds Cream), the fashion, Politics: Nixon vs. Kennedy, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Civil Rights Act, Feminist Movements, Sexual Revolution, Vietnam War, and of course, the drama and intrigue of finding fulfillment in an affluent America. A fascinating show filmed to represent a fascinating decade in American History. I just can't get enough. Season 5 debuts the Fall of 2011. It's too far ahead and I'm already going crazy.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment