Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Peek-a-boo, I see you!!!
Happy 2011, from Jean-the-Cat.
We had a quiet New Year's Eve, toasting our glass filled Chardonnay to celebrate the start of another wonderful year of marriage. The last day of 2010 was bitter sweet with Karen's funeral. As soon as the funeral started, I looked at the program and immediately saw my placement - after the family share their memories... Urgh! The last one to share was her daughter, Kelly, and it was definitely a tearjerker. So nonetheless, I followed that with tear filled eyes singing it right behind her open casket. It was one of the hardest things I had to do this year... very emotional but I'm glad it's over and I'm glad she's resting in peace.

On top of the funeral, our washing machine decided to conk out. There was water all over the laundry room floor and didn't completely drain out of the washer either. It was a horrible, horrible mess. After the funeral, we went to Sears to purchase a new one. So glad they had a display model on sale. It's a side load washer, so no more problems with balancing.

My Handsome Husband : New Year 2011.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment