Friday, January 21, 2011

#5 - Matryoshka Doll Card

Yesterday we received an cute card from our our friends, the Foerderers. It's a Matryoshka Doll card stitched by Autumn. It's so pretty, I can't stop staring at it. It truly made my day brighter. It's so unique.



When I was a kid, I had a penchant for collecting stationery items: pens, pencils, markers, erasers, scented letter sets, note cards, journals, and stickers. I used them to send letters and cards to friends all over the world: Slovenia, France, Germany, Russia, Netherlands, Brazil, Italy, and the Philippines. I don't know what happened to them all - they seem to have disappeared throughout the course of time. I just hope they're not gone forever.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. ahh...thanks Eleanor. When I saw the Matryashoka doll pattern, I immediately thought of you and knew that it was the perfect thank you card. It is the second card that I have embroidered. I do them while Mak is reading to me, and I am much better at making the backs neat. ;-) There is a Russian store next to Nordstroms in the Mall of America that had tons of Matryashoka dolls--you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HHhhhmmmm... I think you just gave us our next mini-vacation spot. ;-)

    ReplyDelete