Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice

If you love Chipotle Mexican Grill as much as I do, you'll try to bootleg their recipes so you'll have an abundance in your refrigerator just for you to share.

One of my favourites, even though it's carb loaded, is the cilantro lime rice.  (pardon the photo above taken by my mobile)  Brought it to share for potluck yesterday.  I was practically the last person in line to get food and my dish was no where to be found.  Apparently it was forgotten inside the oven after being preheated.  When they finally took it out, the cilantro was wilted and had a dark shade of green.  Not fresh looking at all.  I was disappointed but we put it on the buffet table to serve anyway.  After about 15 minutes I went back to the buffet table and was surprised that my Cilantro Lime Rice was almost empty.  Not bad for a dish introduced late in the game.  It held its own deliciousness.  And yes, the recipe does taste like Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice.  LOVE IT!!!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment