Monday, July 4, 2011

Backyard Fun


Yesterday was a beautiful day to do some garden and yard work. Dre trimmed the trees and I finally started my herb garden with my favorite herbs: cilantro, sage, basil, and chives. In the future I plan to plant thyme, mint, rosemary, and dill. I got great deals on the yellow and purple pot at Walaces for 70% off which now contain some natural treats for Jean-the-Cat: Cat Oats, and Catnip. I caught him nibbling on my single one house plant (see plant in red pot). Cat almost took it to its death a week ago. Now it's on the verge of dying. I'm very sad about it since it was a gift from Auntie Melanie when we first moved in this house two years ago. I'm thinking of what to plant in it once it fully dies. Not giving up on it yet.

Below are pictures of Dre trimming the trees in the backyard. I think we have the most trees in our property in the neighborhood. It was such a pain, but he actually enjoyed it. It took him the whole day to cut down the dying cherry tree, trim the branches off of two trees in the backyard, trim off the branches of one tree in the front yard, and then to chop it all off. Our yard was one huge mess... and it still is. We'll have to drive to the compost area after the holidays.


Below are some pictures of the bugs eating away the leaves of the tree by the porch. I'll have to find a way to get rid of them (they're mating and multiplying) since they're perhaps the responsible ones for our half dead cherry tree.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment