Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pop Music
Mingled with Classical

Brilliant, Brilliant, BRILLIANT! Australian group Aston mingled my two favourite genres of music - classical and pop music. I am truly obsessed with these young musicians in their early 20's. It's seldom I come across such a sophisticated type of people. They inspire me to get back to my classical roots. I can't remember the last time I touched the keys of a piano... and we own one.

Nonetheless, get their album from their website. I got the digital version today and it's amazing. Serious respect to the person who arranged the scores. Reminds me of my brilliant brother who does the same thing... and debuts it in church... but no one can tell when he plays it for background music. When he plays some pop songs in church, we look at each other from across the sanctuary and smile. I know... I know... we'll go to hell for it.

Anyway, they're all so talented. I can't wait for their new album to come out.




In all other news, we're still in Bean town on business. The bad news is that I forgot my camera cable so I can't upload any pictures until we get back. The good news is that we're going to hit the Corner Bakery sometime today. I'm such a sucker for pastries.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment