Friday, February 25, 2011

Hunger Pangs, Cravings,
and Missing My Kitchen

Hurt me now! I'm going mad. I'm having hunger pangs for something out of reach. The nearest PF Chang is in the suburbs of Chicago and it's the only restaurant that has the Green Tea Noodles in their menu. Nonetheless I found the recipe online and am excited to cook it sometime this weekend.

I've been deprived of good food lately. I'm sick of frozen food set up for a few minutes in the microwave. I'm even sick of going out to eat. Restaurant food is never as good or as satisfying as if I cooked it myself. I yearn to cook in my kitchen... not just "child's play" cooking, but spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking something I've never cooked before, baking something from scratch, and then phoning my family to invite them over for dinner. I can't really remember the last time I did that. My apron misses me. I need excitement.

We went to the health food market today but my mind was in La La land... couldn't concentrate on anything but all the crap I have to get done in three weeks (until vacation). Wish I had an action plan in mind so I could have gotten the ingredients for the green tea noodles. Nonetheless, I'm really glad to stay home for vacation for once. I have it all planned out... spring cleaning, cooking new recipes, and taking lots of pictures. I can not wait!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment