Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday's List - Letter To My 20 Year Old Self

 Dear 20 Year Old Eleanor,

I'm writing to you as your 30 year old self who has a heightened sense of common sense, experience, maturity, wisdom, vision and 20/20 insight to life and all the exciting things up ahead. First of all, I wish I could go back in time to hug you and to let you know that despite all the crap that 20 something's go through, everything is going to be okay. Below is a list of 20 things I really want to tell you. Please take this letter to heart because it is extremely important.


So go out there and conquer the world. You are a strong, intelligent, beautiful, woman who has a voice to be heard. No one is stopping you. And one last thing, from one Eleanor to the next:

No one can make you feel 
inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt -

Always, 
Eleanor A.


I wish that my mom kept a diary of her life. It would have been a wonderful read to learn about her generation and the challenges she faced growing up... and then on to marriage and what she would advice. I could have learned so much from it and perhaps understand her more. So blogging about this letter to my 20 year old self is another way for my future kids to get to know me. I can not wait to meet them... someday...
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment