Monday, March 24, 2014

Smoky Paprika Chipotle Chicken Thighs


This was an EASY slap together dinner. It was basically a mix-then-stick-in-the-oven type of cooking. It is also delicious and full of flavor.

About the spice, VG's Smoky Paprika Chipotle. This was a spice I found at my parents' spice cupboard. It was purchased at TJ Maxx in a set. It was just sitting there untouched, so one day I decided to spice chicken with it. It tasted fantastic! I was ready to order it in bulk online but decided to check the local TJ Maxx... and behold, there it was on the shelf. I'm not sure how long they will stock this spice in their shelves, but I'm glad that it's still there. Otherwise, you can click on the link and purchase it here.

So, here's my dilemma. People usually give the dark meat to people they like less. If it were me, I'd say... "Hell yeah! Give me the dark meat!" -- Though chicken breasts are the healthier option, I prefer all the other parts of the chicken (sans bones, gizzards, chicken feet, face, butt) - simply because they're juicier and taste better. I'll take chicken thighs over breasts any day.





Smoky Paprika Chipotle Chicken Thighs
By Elle A
Serving Size: 6
Marinate Time:  1 hour (optional)
Cook Time:  40 minutes
INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Water
3 tbsp VG's Smoky Paprika Chipotle *
6 Boneless Chicken Thighs
Salt & Pepper as needed

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven 325° F
  2. Mix olive oil, vegetable oil, and water in a mixing bowl. 
  3. Add VG's Smoky Paprika Chipotle spice to the mixing bowl and whisk.
  4. Sprinkle salt and pepper to chicken thighs then add to the bowl. Coat evenly with the mixture. 
  5. Marinate for one hour (optional)
  6. Place chicken thighs in a glass oven safe container and bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Take out of the oven and flip each chicken thigh. Bake for another 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
  8. Serve with brown rice and a side of vegetables.
  9. Add salt and pepper as needed.
* If you don't have this spice, try your own blend of these spices: chili pepper, mesquite, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, chipotle, and sugar.
* We tend to like our chicken with more flavor, so we add more spice to it for kick.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment