Thursday, April 4, 2013

Product Review: Two Faced Shadow Insurance

PROS
  • The excitement of trying a new eye shadow base
  • It got good reviews
CONS
  • Extremely greasy. After several uses, grease still oozed out
  • The primer and the grease separate inside the tubes
  • Shadow cakes in the creases of the eyes after four hours
  • It's $20 and it doesn't get the job done
This was the most disappointing beauty purchase in my history of make-up buying. Sephora had stellar reviews on this product: better than UD's Primer Potion, doesn't cake, a little goes a long way, long lasting, enhances eye shadow color, and etc. I couldn't wait to try it. When I opened it, oil came out, not primer, OIL! GROSS! I gave it a few more tries but it always came out greasy, even when mixed. I also noticed that after 4 hours, my eye make up started to cake up in the creases. I don't even want to get into what it looks like after 8 hours.

I'm positively going back to UD's Primer Potion. At least with that one my eye makeup stays decent for up to 12 hours.


Don't bother with this deceiving primer with rave reviews. What a waste of $20.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment