Thursday, August 4, 2011

#12 - Oatmeal Coconut Cookies



These cookies are so darn delicious. I tried to follow a recipe but ended up making my own since the required ingredients were absent from my pantry. Sometimes impromptu replacement ingredients work better. Anyway, Dre's eyes lit up when he saw me take these out of the oven, so I made him a plate with skim milk. I love that he loves my cooking.

Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
(Makes 4 dozen)

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soad
  • 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
  • 3 cups quick or old fashioned oatmeal (uncooked)
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
Procedure
  1. Heat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
  2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
  3. Add combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin and salt; mix well.
  4. Add oats and coconut; mix will.
  5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
  6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment